Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Nino's Italian Restaurant (Upper East Side, NYC) 09/2016

This is one of the locals that's been around for years. It has a comfortable, old world atmosphere, comfortable seating and, better still, convenient for me just now.

As you enter the restaurant there is an very large 15 year old mural on the right depicting a collection of the famous patrons including Bill and Hilary Clinton and Donald and Melani Trump.


And there are a few framed photo's  around of Nino with his famous guests



When I arrived they had a huge fish lying on a bed of ice surrounded by a few smaller fish and crustaceans.

The tables are set with show plates and good cutlery.  
There is also a rather tired artificial rose that I think they could do without.
 Bread arrived promptly

I chose their $42 fixed price three course menu, starting with Nino's Italian meatballs in a tomato sauce. 
Covered in parmesan they were very Italian and very tasty.
An enormous shank with roast potatoes followed. 
Falling off the bone it could not have been better.
Tiramasu had an inch of sweet cream on the wine soaked cake.
Coffee was included but my Espresso added an extra $5.50. That, evidently is not coffee!
A little pricey but I'm glad I went.
Score:14.25 /20

No comments: