Monday, September 26, 2005

Pioneer Homestead Mt Tambourine Qld

Introduction: Their banner proclaims they make the best pies!
Ambience: A sort of pub style indoor/outdoor place in an huge old mansion fairly typical of touristy country towns with a wine tasting area attached.

Service: Don't come for the service. It is friendly and helpful but very unprofessional They were apologetic when I pointed out we had three knives and one fork for the two of us they helpfully brought two more forks. They said it was against health regulations to serve tap water, there sad lack of salt and pepper shakers

Food: Sea perch fillet in light beer batter with thick crisp chips and salad was a huge and very good dish and the beef pie with mushroom filled with chunks of meat worthy of the acclaim.

Wine: Naturally they sell their own - not to my taste but very inexpensive

Price: Less than you'd expect $40 for two

Score: 13/20

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am new at this and I’ve been blog surfing for the latest information on Gold Hunter and landed on your blog. Obviously I ended up off track somewhere, but I'm certainly glad that I did! I had no idea there are so many neat sites out here. Would you mind if I link to your blog from my "favorites" page?