Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Blu Ginger (Canberra) 11/2015

Two people, Canberrans, independently recommended this modern Indian restaurant to me. The right up in my suggested this must be a pretty impressive place. 
In Genge St, 














surrounded by competitors, it is a fairly basically furnished space with a glass enclosed kitchen at one end, a bar along one wall 


and small bare tables and rather uncomfortable chairs.
Unfortunately they would not serve me a banquet for one so it turned into a three course dinner. I was served by a delightful Bhutanese waitress, Namgay, who helped me choose a reasonable menu.








Starting with Tandoor prawns served with an excellent lime, lemon yoghurt sweetened sauce, a very good entree.

This was followed by a beef korma with rice and a fatty cheese and spinach stuffed nairn which could not have been much better.




And a mango kulfi, which was a little disappointing.
Concierge, a Canberra guide rather exagerates the quality of this place. To me this is a slightly better than average mum and dad ethnic diner with an not especially refined take on Indian cuisine.
Score: 13.5/20



No comments: